How it Works
We bring together a group of 100 like-minded men who want to make a impact on their local communities. We work together as a group to magnify the impact of our efforts.
We don’t technically exist. We are a non-entity. We have no directors, presidents or treasurers. We have no bank account. We have no operating budget, because our members write their checks directly to the recipient charity. “We”, collectively, are just a group of guys getting together four times a year because we care about our community. Our core group of organizers are simply volunteers generously donating their time to try and make a difference.
The goal of the group is to support the wonderful work our local charities do, in funds, exposure, and awareness.
How It Works
- Charities are nominated by the membership. There are requirements for each charity.
- 3 charities are randomly chosen by blind draw from our list of member-nominated charities.
- Representatives from the 3 selected charities will be asked to make a five-minute presentation to the group about that charities initiative and why they are deserving of the group’s vote.
- After the presentations, a ballot is held and the charity with the most votes by simple majority will be the recipient.
- During the ballot count, last session’s winning charity will give a brief presentation on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used.
- All members must then write out their check to the charity with the most votes – no exceptions.
- The selected organization will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more.
- All the checks are collected by the organizing committee and given to the chosen charity that evening.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization must make their donation to the charity voted on by the majority of those in attendance.
- There is no proxy voting, but members who cannot attend must ensure their blank check (in a sealed envelope) reaches their ‘buddy’ or the meeting organizers before the meeting starts.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the winning charity.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Dallas area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- The recipient charity is not eligible to be nominated/presented for 3 (three) years. The other two charities may be nominated/presented again after 1 (one) year. The exception is a specific program within a large organization (for example a specific department or program within a hospital), which may be considered again for a different program or department at any time.
- Ties will be decided by a draw.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less (with ample opportunity for networking at a happy hour prior to each meeting).