It’s About Our Community
Every three months, we will come together to create an impact within the community, and we’ll do this through the selection of a local charity. Along with our donation, we also spread awareness of these charities.
Only members of 100 Men Who Give a Damn – Dallas are eligible to nominate a charity. There is no proxy voting.
In order to be considered to present at a meeting, the charity must be:
- Based in, and serving the Greater Dallas Area.
- A registered charitable organization able to provide charitable tax receipts for donations.
- Previously established for at least one year (no start-ups).
- No national or international charities will be considered, as the aim is to keep our donations right here in the Dallas area. Organizations with a national link may be nominated, however, the funds must be for a project that serves the Dallas area.
- Any charity or not-for-profit group must be a registered group, and willing to provide tax receipts to all members who donate.
- The nominated charities must agree in advance of the meeting to send tax receipts directly to each of the donating members.
- Members of 100 Men Who Give a Damn – Dallas will vote by secret ballot to select one of the three nominated charities to receive all the donations that evening.
- The organization with the greatest number of votes will be the recipient of the total funds donated and will be ineligible to receive funds from 100 Men Who Give a Damn – Dallas for 3 (three) years.
- The two charities not selected may be nominated again after the next quarterly meeting but cannot present again for 1 (one) year.
- Any organization chosen to present at a meeting will be contacted the week prior in order to prepare. We ask that you send no more than 2 representatives of the organization, with one person as the main speaker. The following aspects are suggested for your presentation: who are you, what organization do you represent, what made you join this organization, if awarded this donation what impact do you plan on making in our community?
- A request will be made of the recipient charity to present an update on their use of the donation at the next meeting of 100 Men Who Give a Damn – Dallas.
Note: 100 Men Who Give a Damn – Dallas reserves the right to amend these eligibility criteria when appropriate, without consultation with the nominated charities.